Ferrets' Challenge No. 10
The Cebu Circuit
Saturday 17 December 2005, 1900h ET
- The race will be run on the Philippines map.
- Login to the WB2005 Practice & Dueling arena at 1900h ET, Saturday 17 December 2005.
- Select Purple country and tune your radio to Purple country channel 104. Go to the tower at Purple field MAF3 Cebu.
- Select any prop-driven plane with the loadout of your choice. IT IS FORBIDDEN TO DISCHARGE YOUR WEAPONS! This includes guns, bombs, drop tanks, etc.
- At the referee's 15-minute warning (1915h ET), get on the tarmac at MAF3, default runway 1.
- Taxi a few yards away from the spawn point so the referee can see your icon. Taunt your opponents.
- At the referee's one-minute warning, make sure your engine is STOPPED.
- Wait for the referee's 10-count and the signal to 'ROLL', at which moment the clock starts: you may start your engine and take off! The race should take slightly less than one hour to complete.
- Pilots proceed from MAF3 through four checkpoints which must be flown in sequence:
- LAF5 Silay
- LAF6 Kalibo
- LAF4 Danao
- LAF3 Cebu (the finish line)
- To qualify at a checkpoint, pilots must safely fly through (barnstorm) any one hangar at the field.
- Pilots who crash or are shot down by AAA are disqualified. Disqualified pilots and hangers-on are invited to observe in GV's or as attached observers. Please do NOT roll aircraft unless requested by the referee.
- Fuel management will be important! Pilots may land (SAFELY: on the tarmac, right side up, at a full stop) and replane/refuel at any friendly airfield on the route, AFTER having stormed the barn at that checkpoint. Pilots must respawn on default runway one in the same aircraft type and model as before. Remember to change airfields - WB's always defaults to your last choice. To help the referees, PLEASE ANNOUNCE YOUR INTENTION TO REFUEL!
- The first pilot to barnstorm the final checkpoint at MAF3 Cebu is the winner, and the clock stops at that moment. However...
- To qualify, pilots must land SAFELY at MAF3, on the tarmac, right side up, at a full stop.
- Please stay on the runway for photo opportunities! In addition to an all-expenses-paid trip to the bathroom and a big bucket of really fresh steam, the first-place finisher will receive:
- One month free WarBirds account, courtesy of iEN... NOTE: Pilots who have won a free month within the last 60 days do not qualify for this prize.
- The Ferrets' Challenge Blue Ribbon, courtesy of the Menacing Ferrets... VALUE: priceless.
- The second place pilot will receive a $10 USD WB's account credit, while third showing merits a $5 USD credit.
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTER-FRIENDLY PDF VERSION OF THE MAP
1st Place: dhyran, ‹‹PARROTS››, Ki84, 46m34s
2nd Place: drache, ‹‹PARROTS››, Ki84, 46m40s
3rd Place: pistol, The Flying Turtles, Ki84, 46m48s
Forty-four pilots rolled this time, more than double our last turnout. Tosr enjoyed a commanding lead all the way to the end, when a RL distraction caused him to blow the final hangar run. Back-to-back defending champion Drache made a good run at a threepeat, but was denied by his squadmate Dhyran, who crossed the line with six seconds to spare.
For his first-place finish, Dhyran wins a free month of WB's courtesy of iEN, and of course the coveted Ferrets' Challenge Blue Ribbon and a fresh bucket of steam. Drache and Pistol win ten and five-dollar account credits, respectively. Congrats!
Thanks to Invstr for flying the spotter jet, to =York= for reffing, to SKYDVR for all his help, and to all you speed-demon air-racers. See you all at the next Ferrets' Challenge in 2006!
Love and hell,
Col. H.C. Rana
C/O The Menacing Ferrets