Ferrets' Challenge No.14
Saturday 11 August 2007, 1830h ET
in the Practice & Dueling arena
- Login to the WarBirds Practice & Dueling arena at 1830h ET, Saturday 11 August 2007.
- Select Green country and tune your radio to Green country channel 102. Go to the tower at Green Field 20.
- Select the Me-262 jet fighter with the loadout of your choice. IT IS FORBIDDEN TO DISCHARGE YOUR WEAPONS AT ANY TIME! This includes guns, bombs, drop tanks, etc.
- At the referee's 15-minute warning (1845h ET), get on the tarmac at f20, default runway one.
- Taxi a few yards away from the spawn point so the referee can see your icon. Taunt your opponents.
- At the referee's one-minute warning, make sure your engine is STOPPED.
- Wait for the referee's 10-count and the signal to 'ROLL', at which moment the clock starts: you may start your engine and take off!
- From f20 Tangmere, the race course runs through eleven checkpoints which must be flown in sequence:
- f2 Redhill
- f17 Croydon
- f42 Northolt
- f40 Northweald
- f37 Gravesend
- f32 Manston
- f5 Wizernes
- f21 Watten
- f55 Boulogne-sur-Mer
- f8 Desvres
- f23 Arras - the finish line
- To qualify at a checkpoint, pilots must safely fly through (barnstorm) any one hangar at the field.
- Pilots who crash are disqualified. Disqualified pilots and hangers-on are invited to observe in GV's or as attached observers. Please do NOT roll aircraft unless requested by the referee. Observer GV's must not park on the approach lines to the hangars.
- Pilots may land (SAFELY: on the tarmac, wheels down, engine off, at a full stop) and replane/refuel at any friendly airfield on the route, AFTER having flown through the hangar at that field. Pilots must respawn on default runway one in the same aircraft type and model as before. Remember to change airfields - WB's always defaults to your last choice.
- The first pilot to barnstorm the final checkpoint at f23 Arras is the winner, and the clock stops at that moment. However...
- To qualify, pilots must land SAFELY at f23, on the runway, right-side up, at a full stop.
- Please stay on the runway for photo opportunities! In addition to an all-expenses-paid trip to the bathroom and a big bucket of really fresh steam, the first-place finisher will receive:
- One month free WarBirds account, courtesy of iEN... NOTE: Pilots who have won a free month within the last 60 days do not qualify for this prize.
- The Ferrets' Challenge Blue Ribbon, courtesy of the Menacing Ferrets... VALUE: priceless.
- The second place pilot will receive a $10 USD WB's account credit, while third showing merits a $5 USD credit.
1st Place: =Dhy== of Parrots, 38m03s
2nd Place: Muzz-- of 417 RCAF City of Windsor, 38m56s
3rd Place: Sky-fl of New World Order, 41m40s
Thirty-five pilots rolled this time around, and four finished the race. Dhy was first through the hangar and landed safely, giving him his second Ferrets' Challenge victory.
For his first-place finish, =Dhy== wins a free month of WB's courtesy of iEN, and of course the coveted Ferrets' Challenge Blue Ribbon, and a really fresh bucket of steam. Muzz and Sky-fl win ten and five-dollar account credits, respectively.
Thanks to Invstr for flying the spotter plane, to =Lytn= and Hrdhrd for reffing, to SKYDVR for all his help, and to all you speed-demon air-racers. See you all at the next Ferrets' Challenge in November!
›› CLICK HERE FOR SCREEN CAPS
›› CLICK HERE FOR ACMCAM RECORDINGS
Love and hell,
Col. H.C. Rana
C/O The Menacing Ferrets